Tongue in Mask

 Tongue in Mask





There are so many issues with masking and distancing right now! I am thrown into a defensive sort of stance. I am tired of being defensive. I am tired of trying to convince others. But I am firmly rooted in wearing a mask. I feel like... I am not firmly rooted in masking alone. This is new and this does not feel good or right. There seem to be a lot of barriers, such as not knowing if one-way masking is safe with the contagious new variant, feeling intimidated and gaslighted by others, seeing and hearing if others who are not following isolation/masking policies recommended by the CDC during and after they get COVID, hearing people say everyone is going to get it anyways, seeing protective programs and policies in the government, workforces, and schools disappear, feeling my voice is not being heard and my health and life not being respected by society not making room for those of us who want to/ NEED to mask and distance still, and are recommended to by the CDC.


Are all these things real barriers to not getting COVID? Is there a way to just kick them all down?

Just Keep Masking.

Keep 6 foot Distancing. 

Keep... leaving when you get coughed on, or when people aren't respecting your distance, or when the medical workers throw on a surgical mask and keep their noses out. 

Because, what.. they want to "move on"... without me? .. without us? And pretend COVID poses no risk despite 1 in 5 cases resulting in long Covid? Despite the CDCs recommendations? I don't think so. Not unless they are paying every high risk person/household SSDI. People are telling workers to just come in after being exposed to known COVID cases. Vaccines are not preventing the spread or people getting sick. Even mild illness is ending in long-COVID and disabling people of all ages. And the true numbers are being hidden now by home tests no being counted and testing center shutting down even when the community is rated as high by the CDC.

Well I will tell you I am not OK with this. 


So yeah...

THERE!!! (Me sticking my tongue out at all of them.. from under my mask.)

I am not falling for these tricks and I hope other won't either. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Beat CDC

You wouldn't take this risk on other things!

Navigating Life As A Masker in 2023