The Smokies

It has been a while since I have blogged. It is now February 2023. 

I still am making new Smokies every day. Right now the family is in a cave hiding out. 






The-maskers-comic.yolasite.com/comic-drafts

And we feel similarly pushed into a sort of radical underground-- where radical is just using the tools we have the way that is recommended for effectiveness in prevent Covid. 

Mostly, it has been virtual socials and digital games/ platforms that have kept us social. We have mad a few masked outdoor meets with family, and we met friends--  about an hour and half from here, that we have met up with and talk to virtually in between meets. 


I started writing more serious pieces, like Worms in Your Spaghetti, to Fact-Check government and Media, and I also am part of volunteer advocacy  groups where I work with others to create resources on COVID-19. 

I can't seem to create enough, and yet I wonder at times if it matters at all. And how to make it matter? Society and politics seem to be falling further into an abyss of ignorance, and ignoring/downplaying COVID seems to be their game plan.

I feel alienated. And uncared about. Disrespected. VIOLATED. Infuriated. 

And it is also individuals that I have lost trust in. even if the government fails to act, it is also THEM. When it comes to trust in certain others, damage has been done that I am not sure can ever be repaired. Because the folks who do have me to show them all the wonderful studies, tools, and ways we have to work together to end this have shut the door in my face. Or wouldn't wear a mask so I could even come in. 

Hope seems to be almost a danger now because I'm so sick of being disappointed. My patience is out. 

My real hope lies in the groups that have formed of others who are in the same boat, but spread around geographically. They understand the dangers. They value their and others health and lives they are ready, willing, and able to choose the covid-cautious lifestyle. They can stand against systems by petitioning, educating, and at the same time creating alternatives so as to keep safe. This is my community... One of fellow Spelunkers. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Beat CDC

You wouldn't take this risk on other things!

Navigating Life As A Masker in 2023